Pitch-In aims to identify ways to encourage the successful development, introduction and further exploitation of the Internet of Things (IoT). A number of IfM-led mini projects have explored how digitalisation and the adoption of IoT can transform the manufacturing industry.
This webinar will showcase some of the project findings. These show how through collaboration with industry, barriers to IoT adoption which will enable them to improve efficiencies and modernise industrial processes can be overcome in a range of manufacturing sectors and transform industrial processes, whether on the factory floor or via supply chains.
The speakers will reveal how low-cost automation, collaborative analytics, and strategic digitalisation processes can be implemented in small, medium and large manufacturing companies.
Chaired by the IfM’s Dr Alexandra Brintrup, speakers include:
– Professor Duncan McFarlane, Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge
– Dr Boyang Song, University of Sheffield
– Dr Frank Tietze, Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge
– Dr Florian Urmetzer, Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge
– Professor John Clarke, University of Sheffield